Tuesday, October 4 | 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Sponsor Lunch & Learn: Selling & Marketing To, Through & Together
How can you win more builder partnerships and achieve spectacular sell-through with them? This session will clue you in on the key strategies and tactics as derived from “TecHome Builder’s Seven Step Process for Selling To & Through Builders.” In the final segment, we’ll focus on establishing and exploiting ecosystem partnerships to avoid the pitfall of coming at builders in pieces and parts. You need to know and execute your role in system solutions and complete product ensembles. We’ll show you how.
You will learn:
- How to get products into a builder’s home technology standard offer
- How to achieve robust sell through of products and home technology options
- How to help builders attract more buyers and sell more homes by promoting tech features
- What merchandising aids should be provided to builders for lift and sell-through
- What digital assets are required to feed online promotions and digital design centers
This workshop is for:
• Marketing and sales enablement leaders
• Sales leaders and contributors working with builders
• Builder program leaders
$49 reserves your seat at this 3-hour workshop including lunch!
John Galante is president and co-founder of AE Ventures, a hosted event innovator that drives extraordinary progress at the intersection of technology and construction via dynamic B2B engagement. Galante has additional experience as a publisher, editor and business development leader with EH Media and worked in event development and management for several years with Reed Exhibition Companies. He also has a wealth of experience in the association realm, having served on a number of industry boards and committees, launched associations and worked as a senior staff member of the Consumer Technology Association and chief staff executive of the Security Industry Association.
Joe Lautner is principal of TecHome Advisors, helping builders, suppliers and their channel partners grow connected IoT business opportunities. Joe launched the first successful IP-based, open standards home control solution leading all marketing and sales efforts through to acquisition by Nortek. Over his 10+year tenure with Nortek, Joe held senior positions in product management, marketing, sales management and strategy development. He holds a board seat on the Consumer Technology Association's Smart Home Division and is a past Smart Home Chairman. Joe is particularly passionate about the opportunities for connected home technology's impact on healthy home living, renewable energy, natural resource management and adaptive applications to help people live happily and longer in their homes. He helps manufacturers, builders and other channel participants develop and execute effective go-to-market strategies, tactics and messaging for solutions sold through the professional install and builder channels.
Selling Tech To & Through Builders—7 Steps to Success Today’s Focus Collaborating with Builders to Create Sales Lift from Standards and Achieve String Sell-Through of Tech Options
We'll cover what types of assets and processes are most likely to produce great results and provide examples of winning pays with tech and other innovation categories. Presenters will share visioning home tech standards along with packages and product families promoted and presented in these environments
We'll help you to succeed on builder digital sales and marketing platforms. Topics inlcude:
Physical-digital integrations, we'll talk about how to fuel both types of sales and marketing engines. Plus, discover the value of adding integrator and vendor showrooms and experiences to the mix.
Resources for building assets and developing processes will be shared.
- Welcome and Workshop OverviewSelling Tech To & Through Builders—7 Steps to Success
Today’s Focus Collaborating with Builders to Create Sales Lift from Standards and Achieve String Sell-Through of Tech Options11:00 am - 11:15 am
- Builder Physical & Digital Sales EnvironmentsWhat They Look & Feel Like, How They Operate
How Builders Decide Which Products to Feature & Strongly Promote11:15 am - 12:15 pm
- Buffet Lunch and Break12:15 pm - 12:45 pm
- Best Practices for Product Suppliers in Creating Lift & Generating Strong Sell ThroughSucceeding on builder digital sales and marketing platforms12:45 pm - 1:15 pm
- Visioning Ideal Tech Sales Lift and Sell-ThroughPhysical-digital integrations—how to fuel both types of sales and marketing engines1:15 pm - 1:45 pm
- Questions & Resources for Developing Sales and Marketing Assets and ProcessesResources for building assets and developing processes will be shared.1:45 pm - 2:00 pm
Brought to you by
A division of AE Ventures with close ties to the TecHome Builder Summits and online content, TecHome Advisors develops actionable plans that help builders, suppliers and channel partners develop, market, sell and support home tech solutions in the built environment.